How to Update the 5.1.1 Update on the Moto 360
If you have a Moto 360 and have not yet received the update, follow these directions to force it.
The Moto 360 update enables some new features for the smartwatch, such as always-on apps like google keep displaying notes at all times or google maps for navigating without needing to look at your smartphone. And wrist gestures for scrolling through cards with just a flick of the wrist. There are two methods listed below, I personally used Method 1 but there are two methods below as well as links to their origins on reddit.
For reference check out the thread on Reddit – http://www.reddit.com/r/moto360/comme…
1. Download latest version of Android wear to your smart phone.
2. Reset your Moto 360 to factory settings
3. Setup watch like you normally would.
4. After about 30 minutes from the initial startup, Reboot 2 or 3 times over a period of 5 or 10 minutes.
5. Update will start downloading randomly.
METHOD 2 –
1- Reset your watch and unpair it FROM BLUETOOTH SETTINGS on your smart phone.
2- Before re-pairing your watch to your smartphone, FORGET your watch on the Android Wear app, Delete cache and data, and uninstall the app
3- Reinstall the app and set up the watch again after hitting the Language selection scree.
4 Check for updates in Settings
I hope this helps you guys out! Tweet me @rickyfoxtek if you have any questions and let me know what you think about the 5.1.1 update!